1 package of vegan chicken
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Your favorite toppings (such as lettuce, tomato, vegan mayo, and mustard)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the vegan chicken pieces in the flour mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the vegan chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes per side
- Place the fried vegan chicken on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Assemble the sandwiches with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- For a more flavorful crust, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
- If you don't have a shallow bowl, you can use a gallon-size zip-top bag. Just add the flour mixture to the bag, seal it, and shake until the vegan chicken strips are evenly coated.
- If you don't have vegetable oil, you can use another type of oil, such as canola oil or peanut oil. Just make sure to use a high-heat oil so that the vegan chicken strips cook evenly.
- You can also bake the vegan chicken instead of frying them. Just preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the vegan chicken strips for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the vegan chicken sandwiches on your favorite buns or bread. You can also add other toppings, such as avocado, pickles, or barbecue sauce.