1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup vegan shredded cheese
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Place a tortilla on a lightly greased skillet over medium heat. Spread half of the vegetable mixture over the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut the quesadillas in half and serve immediately with cilantro and salsa, if desired.