Skip to content
Pasta with marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1(15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and add to the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, topped with vegan Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- For a richer flavor, use San Marzano tomatoes.
- Add some chopped fresh basil or oregano to the sauce for extra flavor.
- If you don't have vegan Parmesan cheese, you can use nutritional yeast instead.
- This sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.