- 1 cup oat milk powder
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices of bread (preferably slightly stale)
- Coconut oil or non-dairy butter for frying
Optional toppings: fresh berries, sliced bananas, maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat milk powder and water until well combined, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract to the oat milk mixture and whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish or pie plate large enough to dip the bread slices.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil or non-dairy butter to coat the surface.
- Dip each bread slice into the oat milk mixture, allowing it to soak for a few seconds on each side, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Place the coated bread slices onto the heated skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Repeat the dipping and cooking process for the remaining bread slices, adding more oil or butter to the pan as needed.
- Once all the slices are cooked, transfer them to a plate and serve immediately with your choice of toppings, such as fresh berries, sliced bananas, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Enjoy your delicious oat milk French toast!
Note: Feel free to adjust the sweetness and flavors by adding more or less maple syrup and vanilla extract according to your taste preferences. Additionally, you can sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg into the oat milk mixture for added flavor if desired.