- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss to coat.
- Top with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- For a more authentic Caesar salad, you can use anchovy fillets instead of anchovy paste.
- If you don't have vegan mayonnaise, you can make your own by blending together 1/2 cup of cashews, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You can also add other toppings to your Caesar salad, such as grilled chicken, tofu, or chickpeas.