- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chai spices
- 1/4 cup coconut jam
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chai spices.
- Pour the mixture into four small jars or glasses.
- Stir in the coconut jam.
- Cover the jars or glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled.
- For a richer flavor, use full-fat coconut milk.
- If you don't have chai spices, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- You can also add other ingredients to the pudding, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or granola.
Here are some additional variations of this recipe:
- Strawberry Coconut Chai Pudding: Add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries to the pudding mixture before refrigerating.
- Mango Coconut Chai Pudding: Add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen mango to the pudding mixture before refrigerating.
- Pineapple Coconut Chai Pudding: Add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple to the pudding mixture before refrigerating.