1 package of vegan chicken
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 carrot, julienned
1 cup snap peas
2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked rice or noodles (optional, for serving)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the vegan chicken to the skillet and cook them according to the instructions on the package, or until they are heated through and slightly browned. Remove the cooked vegan chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat it up.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté for about 2 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, broccoli florets, julienned carrot, and snap peas to the skillet. Stir-fry the vegetables for about 4-5 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Return the cooked vegan chicken strips to the skillet and stir everything together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet.
- In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water to create a slurry.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the skillet and stir well to combine. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and coats the chicken and vegetables evenly. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little water to thin it out.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the vegan chicken stir-fry hot.
- You can enjoy the stir-fry on its own or serve it over cooked rice or noodles, if desired.
Note: Feel free to customize your stir-fry by adding other vegetables of your choice such as mushrooms, snow peas, or baby corn. You can also garnish with sesame seeds or chopped green onions for added flavor and presentation.