Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the vegetable broth and plant-based milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately over cooked pasta or rice, garnished with parsley.
- For a richer flavor, use a combination of cremini, portobello, and shiitake mushrooms.
- If you don't have Dijon mustard, you can substitute another type of mustard, such as yellow mustard or whole grain mustard.
- If you don't have paprika, you can substitute another type of ground spice, such as chili powder or cumin.
- Serve with a side of your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, or green beans.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.