1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconutty jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do this by hand.
- Add the vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a small ball. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 1 inch apart.
- Use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Spoon a small amount of plant-based coconut jam into the indentation of each cookie, filling it almost to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, you can enjoy them immediately, or store them in an airtight container for later.
These coconutty jam thumbprint cookies are a delightful treat with a burst of coconut flavor from the plant-based coconut jam. Enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee, or share them with friends and family!