Skip to content
Coconut Curry Tofu Bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa, cooked
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the coconut milk, diced tomatoes, curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the tofu is browned on all sides.
- Add the broccoli and carrots to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes more, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.